Went and looked at a house - a Big NO on that one....and work has been ugh. The weather is wonderful and it's been hard trying to focus on work when I see blue sky and meadowlarks...
But I'm an adult...I have responsibilities.
Here are the 10 things that made my week bearable....oh a clever PIN to go with some of them.
3) A good book. I just finished "The Mask of the Enchantress" by Victoria Holt. She writes bodice busting mystery books. I recently learned that they are more formally called "gothic novels." My sisters came up this past weekend and spent an hour or better in an old second hand book store. I was excited to find several by Holt - she is a good writer. And it was a change of pace from the Will James book I had been working on. I needed a change of pace.
4) My dogs - Gus and Dally...my excuse to go for long walks with my husband
5) My husband - yep he made the list!!! He even came home with some major sale barn swag! Yeah buddy we got some new ball caps at the house!
6) Lemon - odd right? But I find a slice of lemon takes a glass of ice water or sweet tea to a whole new level!
7) Painting. I've been painting and I love it. I even have one sold! Imagine that - first one ever!!
8) Music!!!! Again - the top people I'm listening to is: Lindi Ortega, Ryan Bingham, Zoe Muth and Eric Church. I think I have listened to Give Me Back My Hometown a 100 times. I dig it.
9) Being able to call the folks and talk to them
10) Sleep - or at least going to bed at an earlier time than normal. Yes I have a bedtime and I am not ashamed.
What are some things you do to cope with a crazy week?