Every day may not be good...but there is something good in every day.

Friday, April 11, 2014

Top 10 Things That Have Helped Me Survive this Week

It's been another week.....whew.....
Went and looked at a house - a Big NO on that one....and work has been ugh. The weather is wonderful and it's been hard trying to focus on work when I see blue sky and meadowlarks...

But I'm an adult...I have responsibilities.
Here are the 10 things that made my week bearable....oh a clever PIN to go with some of them.

1) Coffee
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/386324474257992118/

2) Wine
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/386324474257448509/

3) A good book.  I just finished "The Mask of the Enchantress" by Victoria Holt.  She writes bodice busting mystery books. I recently learned that they are more formally called "gothic novels." My sisters came up this past weekend and spent an hour or better in an old second hand book store.  I was excited to find several by Holt - she is a good writer.  And it was a change of pace from the Will James book I had been working on.  I needed a change of pace.

4) My dogs - Gus and Dally...my excuse to go for long walks with my husband 



5) My husband - yep he made the list!!!   He even came home with some major sale barn swag!  Yeah buddy we got some new ball caps at the house!

6) Lemon - odd right? But I find a slice of lemon takes a glass of ice water or sweet tea to a whole new level!

7) Painting. I've been painting and I love it.  I even have one sold! Imagine that - first one ever!! 

8) Music!!!! Again - the top people I'm listening to is: Lindi Ortega, Ryan Bingham, Zoe Muth and Eric Church. I think I have listened to Give Me Back My Hometown a 100 times.  I dig it. 

 
 

 
9) Being able to call the folks and talk to them
 
10) Sleep - or at least going to bed at an earlier time than normal.  Yes I have a bedtime and I am not ashamed. 
 
What are some things you do to cope with a crazy week? 
 

3 comments:

  1. All the stuff I do and like contributes to the crazy week! Working with 2 puppies, riding my pony, working cows. And yep, going to bed at my bedtime! :) Oh yea, and hubby!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy/proud on you selling your painting! It was beautiful! I'm leaning heavy on the coffee (and wine) lately too but the weather helps also! I found a red dirt/texas country station on my pandora and it has helped to pass the time at work as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elizabeth!

    Coffee and a good nights sleep are essential to life!

    I started reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed. It's a true story about her experience hiking the Pacific Crest Trail.

    What would we do without the 4-legged family members that bring us joy?

    Glad you are enoying the opportunity to paint and share your talent.

    Even at 33 years old I find I still need my Mom. We live way to far apart and I'm glad we can call or text any time.

    I like your new header.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...