Every day may not be good...but there is something good in every day.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ringing in the New Year with BEEF!

Typical weeknight at the home. I was doing some online reading and waiting for the laundry to finish in the dryer.  3:10 to Yuma or some other western was playing in the background and the husband and the mutts were all laying around sawing logs.  It was then I saw a pin about 30 different burgers.  I enjoy cooking and my dream is to ride around with Guy Ferrari on Triple D – just eat my way across the USA.  However I would have to walk, not drive as I would weigh twice as much as a baby whale, but I digress. 

So I find this website with 30 different burgers.  (click here to see the list) Burgers are a staple in our home and we have been known to get into severe food ruts.  Spaghetti, chili, chicken and noodles, and steak/flat form of meat prepared various ways pretty much will be part of a weekly menu.  It's boring and drives me crazy - even though I know I'm doing it - isn't that the way a food rut works? Ladies? Gentlemen? I would be curious to know what your Food Rut Favorites were....

Looking at these burgers – they are interesting fun and different. Jazz it up a little bit. In short I have decided to attempt making each one over the course of a year.  Provided I can come up with the majority of the ingredients.  Not sure if I can obtain all the different types of cheese or breads at a given time but I will give my best effort.  I plan on starting this venture in January.  It will be my New Year’s “Beef-aloution”. Clever I know!!!  

Hang on to your heifers kids – we are gonna be making burgers and eating BEEF! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun!! My husband LOVES his burgers, so I might have to try your recipes out! :) i was thinking of doing a beef year next year too. Not just burgers, but all kinds of beef recipes.We'll see what happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - can't wait to see these! Our go to meals around here are bacon pasta (it is delish, but we can't eat it every night!), pizza or something easily made with burger. In the summer we do lots of burgers and brats on the grill. One of my goals I think is to start meal planning and making new things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...