Every day may not be good...but there is something good in every day.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Blind Sided

It started out as a normal day...I was sitting at my desk at work coffee in hand. I turned on the computer and flipped through the weekly trader while my computer booted up.  There on page 3 in the lower corner I saw a little ad for a farm for rent.  It sounded familiar and I texted the info to my husband. Who replied..."that's our landlords #". 

Instant PANIC attack. 

Frantically I texted back..."is that our house"  His reply "IDK".

I got a hold of good gal pal and asked her to call the number and inquire about the place. 

It is our house. He told her on the phone that the current tenants knew the place was temporary.

If we knew it would be just a year thing we would have never signed up!

He has our house open for a new tenant.  This was the FIRST time we had heard of it.  To add insult to injury our landlord came into the farm co-op my husband works at and never said a word about it.

We found out the house we are living in, is now up for rent, by reading the weekly trader!!! Who does that!?!?!?!?!

We don't know what to do now...we have to find a new place to live - ASAP. 

The husband is going to call the landlord tonight and get this all out in the open so we know exactly what is going on. 

To be honest we've played with the idea of buying our own house but were not on planning on making any serious changes.  We were led to believe we would have cattle back this winter and had more or less decided to stick it out another winter on the place.

I'm panicking, I'm mad and I don't know what to do.  I've been able to find 3 apartments that are available now or within a few weeks.  1 is pet friendly...all are cracker jack box college apartments.

Deep Breath - I don't know...I just don't know!!!!!!







11 comments:

  1. Oh my friend, I CAN NOT IMAGINE. I'm just so sorry! I wish I could offer you a solution - but obviously can't ----

    just know that I'm hoping for nothing short of the BEST for you and somehow, deep down inside, even though it doesn't make things better right now, I have to somehow trust that something better, even better than this place - is out there.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is wrong with people???? So sorry for you guys. Prayers that something GREAT will come your way. That's is so rude...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,
    My heart breaks for you and I have no idea what to say. I am sorry you have to go through this. Try your best to take the high road when dealing with this bad situation.

    E-mail me if you need to vent or if there is a way I can help.

    Hard things are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out our courage and strength.
    ~Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. I love your blog and keep up with it. Now may be the time to expand your horizons and buy. Your rules your way no one else's. Y'all are young its time to explore before you get too old. Life is too shirt to be miserable all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy!!!!! Exactly - this will lead to better things we hope!

      Delete
  5. Oh my, that does't sound good at all. I hope that you are able to get the situation sorted out! It sounds like you are great people, and so I trust everything will work out! Good luck.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, I hope that your family has worked out a situation and are happy there. I keep a good thought for you since I saw this post last Fall. May each step we take lead the way to Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...