Every day may not be good...but there is something good in every day.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Confession

Hi, my name is Elizabeth Martin. I'm on the other side of 25 and guess what - I don't have it all figured out.

One day at a time....Sweet Jesus (I always think of that Cristy Lane info commercial).

I'm a trying like hell to change my life.  There are days I wanna change my clothes, my job and my face (Bruce reference). 

I've lost 5 whole pounds this month. I bought flannel sheets. I moved our bedroom to the "spare" living room (because it is warmer than in our bedroom).  It doesn't have doors so I've hung drapes in their place to section it off.  I call it camping.

I am dreading the thought of another winter in this old house.

It's gotten cooler and I now cannot function without coffee in the morning.

I like to curl up with my dog Gus.  We cuddle on the couch at night and I am not ashamed.

I am on a quest to find the perfect cup of Chai Tea. I'm getting closer.

A couple of my girl friends are preggers - and I'm not sure how to feel about that...

We talk about life and we discuss the struggles of having a career and caring for a family. We ponder big questions.  Why can't we have it all? How do we balance it?  Mostly I act like a sounding board-We are in different places in our lives for sure....

We are entering a brave new world and there are a lot of questions. 

In general I feel like I am standing in a long haul way and must pick a door to walk thru.  I know its not polite to lurk in doorways....but I can't bring myself to cross a threshold....it's like being stuck in limbo. 

Yeah - that is where I am right now - Limbo. 

This post was suppose to be eloquent and deep in nature and instead is a random collection of my thoughts at this very moment. 


3 comments:

  1. Posts don't need to be eloquent in the traditional sense to be meaningful. Heck, comic strips in the Sunday Funnies are as un-eloquent as it gets, but they are CHOCK full of life lessons and advice!

    I love seeing posts like this, because it makes me realize why I follow along and keep up with gals like you, Jamie, and the other twenty-somethings in the ranch wife/ag/western life blogosphere; we are all human.

    This little snapshot into your brain/life is so refreshing, because it makes me feel a little less alone in "growing up." I am lifting my own mug of chai and toasting to us, the girls in limbo - the young adults trying to make it work, snuggling our animals, chasing dreams and digging out our slippers to fight off cold wooden floors in old houses.

    Have a great rest of the week, Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH AND PS: Congrats on the 5 lbs.! That is so exciting and encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Jamie and I'm going to be 25 in two(!) weeks and super totally don't have my life figured out. In fact I think it's less figured out than it was this time last year! Believe me chica we are so much alike right now, yet we both feel so, so alone. Remember I'm only an email or text away! Hang in there and best of luck with all your changes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...